Wednesday, December 7, 2016

Inspired by Art Process








  1. The finished artwork ended up looking less normal than I intended. I purposely wanted the face to look normal, however, my skills in painting were rather limited.
  2. I originally wanted to use photography, as I felt I was more adept at capturing my idea with that form, but unfortunately the materials I wanted to use were not delivered on time. I decided to use watercolor instead as I thought it would be able to function in a similar way.
  3. I originally sketched the idea with a pencil and sketch paper, as I wanted to make sure I had the basic structure of the face down. I then transfered the sketch onto water color paper.
  4. I asked my parents for feedback primarily, and I also looked to my significant other for advice. They both offered ideas for how I can change the face to be a bit more proportionate.
  5. If my original materials had been delivered on time, I think I may have felt more content with the final product.
  6. I greatly enjoyed experimenting with different sketch processes while I was trying to figure out how exactly I wanted the face to look.
  7. Although I wasn't exactly thrilled with the results, I do enjoy how the colors of the Bi flag turned out.
  8. I shared my finished work with a few friends, and they greatly enjoyed the meaning behind the painting and thought the idea was very profound.


No comments:

Post a Comment